- Wide band gap (5.45 eV);
- High carrier mobility (4800 cm2.V-1.s-1 for electrons);
- Very high resistivity (1013 – 1016 Ω.cm)
- Low Z, tissue equivalent
- Radiation hard and chemically inert
- Natural UV sensitivity
- Solid state ionisation chamber
- Low dark current (pA level)
- Low capacitance (pF level)
- Ultra fast signal collection (ps rise time)
- High energy resolution
- Naturally solar blind
- Radiation hard (1016 cm-2 MeV neutron equivalent)
- High purity diamond
- Available in polycristalline (PC) and monocrystalline (SC) forms, suitable for different applications
- Dimensions from 2 x 2 mm to 10 x 10 mm.
- Thickness 50 μm to 500 μm standard. Other thicknesses available on request
- Various metals and contact geometries available on request, their optimisation depends on the application.
- High energy physics (beam positioning, beam monitoring)
- Neutron detection (fast and thermal)
- Space (Electron and Ion Spectroscopy)
- Synchrotrons and cyclotrons
- Civil nuclear (nuclear reactor monitoring, oil & gas)
- Deep UV (<225 nm)
- Beam loss monitors
- Medical therapy, dosimetry
Type and Sizes
- Electronic grade (EL) is the highest quality. The concentration in nitrogen and boron impurities is the lowest achievable by the industry, allowing spectroscopic applications.
- Standard grade (STD) contains more nitrogen but can be used in specific applications. Only single crystal diamond is available in this quality.