- Wide band gap (5.45 eV);
- High carrier mobility (4800 cm2.V-1.s-1 for electrons);
- Very high resistivity (1013 – 1016 Ω.cm)
- Low Z, tissue equivalent
- Radiation hard and chemically inert
- Natural UV sensitivity
- Solid state ionisation chamber
- Low dark current (pA level)
- Low capacitance (pF level)
- Ultra Fast Signal Collection (ps rise time)
- High energy resolution (1% FWHM or better at 5.48 MeV)
- Solar blind
- Radiation Hard (1016 cm-2 MeV Neutron Equivalent)
- High purity CVD diamond
- Available in polycristalline (PC) and monocrystalline (SC) forms, suitable for different applications
- Dimensions SC CVD: 2 x 2 mm to 5 x 5 mm.
PC CVD: 2 x 2 mm to 10 x 10 mm.
- Thickness 50 μm to 500 μm standard. Other thicknesses available on request
- Various metals and contact geometries available on request, their optimisation depends on the application.
- High energy physics (beam positioning, beam monitoring)
- Neutron detection (fast and thermal)
- Space (Electron and Ion Spectroscopy)
- Synchrotrons and cyclotrons
- Civil nuclear (nuclear reactor monitoring, oil & gas)
- Deep UV (<225 nm)
- Beam loss monitors
- Medical therapy, dosimetry
Type and Sizes
- Electronic grade (EL) is the highest quality. The concentration in nitrogen and boron impurities is the lowest achievable by the industry, allowing spectroscopic applications.
- Standard grade (STD) contains more nitrogen but can be used in specific applications. Only single crystal CVD diamond is available in this quality.