- Wide band gap (5.45 eV);
- High carrier mobility (4800 cm2.V-1.s-1 for electrons);
- Very high resistivity (1013 – 1016 Ω.cm)
- Low Z, tissue equivalent
- Radiation hard and chemically inert
- Natural UV sensitivity
- Solid state ionisation chamber
- Low dark current (pA level)
- Low capacitance (pF level)
- Ultra fast signal collection (ps rise time)
- High energy resolution
- Naturally solar blind
- Radiation hard (1016 cm-2 MeV neutron equivalent)
- High purity diamond
- Available in polycristalline (PC) and monocrystalline (SC) forms, suitable for different applications
- Dimensions from 2 x 2 mm to 10 x 10 mm.
- Thickness 50 μm to 500 μm standard. Other thicknesses available on request
- Various metals and contact geometries available on request, their optimisation depends on the application.
- High energy physics (beam positioning, beam monitoring)
- Neutron detection (fast and thermal)
- Space (Electron and Ion Spectroscopy)
- Synchrotrons and cyclotrons
- Civil nuclear (nuclear reactor monitoring, oil & gas)
- Deep UV (<225 nm)
- Beam loss monitors
- Medical therapy, dosimetry
Type and Sizes
- Electronic grade (EL) is the highest quality. The concentration in nitrogen and boron impurities is the lowest achievable by the industry, allowing spectroscopic applications.
- Standard grade (STD) contains more nitrogen but can be used in specific applications. Only single crystal diamond is available in this quality.
Detector Broadband Amplifiers
The optional DBA Amplifiers are intended for use with fast detectors. With an input impedance of 50 ohms, ability to work with FWHM pulse widths of less then 1 ns and corresponding pulse amplitudes of 100 microvolts to 1 volt, the DBA broadband detector amplifiers allow operation over more than 2 GHz bandwidth at detector DC bias voltages exceeding 2 kilovolts.
Available Amplifier Models
The amplifier types which are available are the DBA-IV and DBA-IV/R. The high voltage bias capability is common for all the DBA’s. Units can be supplied 25 ft or 10ft power supply cables.